My Linkedin Profile
PDF Resume Version
011 506 8378 3222
Language, written and verbal communication: Clear understanding of pertinent industry terminologies and their respective application, to the proper usage thereof in communications. I’m learning also learning to speak Spanish daily and have personally studied the language considerably. I'm approximately 60% fluent and I will be working towards 100% fluency every day of my life, especially now that I’m married to a wonderful Costa Rican woman who either corrects or helps me learn more each day.
Strong project coordinating and organization skills: Strong organizational capabilities to manage very complex projects without interruption to the business.
- Example A: I documented and then managed and coordinated all the processes involved with migrating an active benefits administration call center from one Active Directory Domain to another. This included migration of accounts for call center specific web applications. We also migrated everyone’s PC from Windows XP to the Windows 7 operating system along with their data. This was done during the annual peak on-boarding period of temporary seasonal hires for the benefits open enrollment season. All through these processes I was training my newly hired assistant. This was accomplished with no issues or interruptions to the business and everything was completed successfully as scheduled. The business had feared and been avoiding this domain migration for several years!
- Example B: I managed a simultaneous UPS power failure and HVAC shutdown that a vendor triggered. I single-handedly gathering all the proper teams including the Real Estate management company, to have the entire MDF (Server Room and everything connected to it) back up and running at 100% capacity production, in less than 3 hours. My knowledge and experience of complex systems too numerous to list here was instrumental in accomplishing this task.
Prevalent Protocols and Software with considerable knowledge and experience: Windows Server and Workstation OS's, Windows PE, Hyper-V, Virtual Servers, SCCM, Microsoft X.500 Active Directory, Lotus X.400 messaging, iPhone w/Mobile Iron, DFS, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, VOIP, SMTP, POP, Adobe Photoshop, Premier & Acrobat, HTML, CSS, PHP, IIS, MS Office, SharePoint Administration and solutions, Exchange Mail, Iron Port, Active Sync, BES Servers, Citrix Web Client and XenApp, Linux LAMP, Linux Cpanel, Wordpress, Joomla, CRM DB Administration, NetBackup, ArcServe, and Managed Print Services.
Telecom: Cisco Call Manager web-interface phone programming experience and route plan editing during upgrade migrations. Avaya Digital PBX and Octel Analog Voicemail systems, performing dial-in support at remote locations.
Complex Network Packet Analysis: I possess significant skills with Wireshark data packet analysis software and over the years have diagnosed several high visibility issues through packet analysis.
- Example A: Early in my career with MMC I identified reason for the domain of Marsh.com going off line globally over the 30 days following the 9/11 attack. The Global Technology Headquarters for MMC was on the 95th floor of One World Trade. After new teams responsible replaced those lost, and could not identify the problem, I stepped in to see if I could help. I used my knowledge and skills with this application and Nslookup to identify the problem. The logical network address that the Start of Authority DNS servers for Marsh.com resided on, had lost its address registration with ARIN (American Registry for internet Numbers) because it had expired. This resulted in the network address being removed from internet router tables as they began to time out after syncing with ARIN address registration tables.
- Example B: Identified complex long standing configuration error caused by SMB (Server Message Block protocol or NETBIOS as it was commonly referred to before DNS became the prevalent protocol) protocol packets that were interfering with DNS, which is the required protocol to make DFS (Distributed File Services) work correctly.
- Example C: Much more basic instances included, CRC checksum errors due to hardware failures on the network and DNS errors caused by internal misconfigurations sending DNS queries to other country's when the software they affected (SCCM) depended on resolution being resolved locally. Another common one, web browser SSL socket failures.
Change Orders and Business Resiliency Planning: Wrote and maintained BRM plans for main Houston office for several years. Created change orders and maintained start to finish for projects, including pre-implementation planning, implementation, back-out and post testing plans.
Asset inventory purchasing and decommissioning: Maintained inventory of all technology equipment and it’s specific scheduled decommissioning per ITIL best practices. Purchased according to budget per quarterly time frames, Desktop, Laptop and Server equipment. Disposed of equipment to be recycled using DOD level data destruction methods and certified, licensed recycling vendors recouping depreciated values where possible.
More work history.